On Monday, June 8th, the Government of Ontario announced that churches province-wide could resume services at 30% capacity by Friday June 12th. With concern for the wellbeing of our community, and after considering much input and research, the church leadership has decided to resume services on Sunday July 12th @ 10:30 am.
We want you to know that we are diligently seeking Ministry of Health guidelines and planning for a safe resuming of services. When we open, you will notice a number of changes. Please note that our plans will evolve as new regulations and protocols emerge. We ask you to please pray for us and remain flexible as we work out these details. At this time, our plan for resuming services is as follows:
- Capacity: Our maximum capacity will be 100 people.
- Kids: Children are welcome to attend our services with their parents but must remain with their parents at all times. There will be no in-person children’s ministry, but we will continue to provide our Kids Konnecting ministry online. Please contact [email protected] to get access to that.
- Online Services: We will continue to provide a fantastic online service as our main form of worship available through our website and YouTube page.
- Personal Safety: We will be excited to welcome you back into the building. However, we want to ensure that everyone is as safe as possible and that they feel safe. Consequently, we urge you to stay at home if you are not well, if you are in a vulnerable category, if you have been recently exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with the virus or if you do not feel comfortable attending public gatherings at this time.
- Facemasks: We are adhering to the recent bylaw passed for the Region of Peel that requires masks to be worn indoors unless a medical condition prohibits you. Note that this is an updated change from our June 27th guidelines.
- Social Distancing: We ask that you keep 2 meters distance between those outside your household or outside your closed circle of 10.
- Offering: In addition to online giving, you will be able to bring a physical offering to our Sunday services.
- What to Expect:
- Start time: The service will begin at 10:30 am. Doors will open at 10:00 to allow you to arrive early and avoid congestion.
- Arrival: There will be lines indicating where to stand as you wait to enter. Upon entering you will be greeted by one of our volunteers and asked to provide your name. You are encouraged to wear a mask when you come but there will also be some provided for you at the door.
- Seating: Upon entering the sanctuary, you will seat yourself in one of our chair clusters that are all separated 2 meters apart.
- Worship Service: Some portions of the service will be watched on video and some provided in-person.
- Singing: Masks should be worn if you choose to sing or simply choose quiet meditation upon the lyrics of the songs.
- Washrooms: Washrooms are available for use and have been thoroughly disinfected before the service.
- Leaving: People will be asked to leave in a staggered fashion and fellowship outside the building while maintaining social distancing.
In this particular season of our church life, we ask you to please extend grace to others and pray that our church leadership will have wisdom as we navigate unknown territory.
Disclaimer: The information above is based on specific needs of Sheridan Park Family Church and is provided for information purposes only. Please check with your physician and/or local officials to decide the best course of action for you and your family.