- What insight, principle, or observation from this weekend’s message did you find to be most helpful, eye-opening, or troubling? Explain.
- Read and study Ephesians 1:19-23. In your own words, what do you think this passage saying?
- How does this tie in with the Sunday message about the victory of the gospel in 1 Cor 15:1-8)?
- How would you expect the church to look if it was living in the victory of Jesus?
- In the sermon it was taught that Jesus conquered death on the cross and was the firstfruit of the resurrection. What are the implications of this for Christians?
- How might you rest in the victory of Jesus?
Sermon Summary: April 12, 2020
Easter – Victory in Jesus
- Easter is all about victory in Christ.
- The gospel is of first importance (1 Cor 15:1-8).
- It is so important that it was made absolutely undeniable by God through 40 days or appearances and hundreds of witnesses. (Acts 26)
- The resurrection is of prime importance because without it the cross means nothing and our faith is futile (1 Cor 15:17-22).
- In the Resurrection, Jesus accomplished the ultimate victory for He is victorious over the greatest power in all the universe: the power of death.
- Jesus’ resurrection was the firstfruit of what is to come (1 Cor 15:55-58).
- Death puts a damper on life, but those who are in Christ can live life to the fullest.
- All that we do for the Kingdom of God will endure.
- Bask in the victory of the gospel. He is RISEN!
King of Kings: https://hillsong.com/lyrics/king-of-kings/?fbclid=IwAR33f2UPsXsxax9c06a5Jd1UgE62NsxaxY2Xy64XACmX1ppxAfIG21s3_Qc
Crown Hime (Majesty): https://www.worshiptogether.com/songs/crown-him-majesty/?fbclid=IwAR0U79F5ppUfRTHxYhzuhDaq_-GVgj0d-F7WTlNPG_DMn__HgcaPWVT7hrg
Living Hope: https://www.essentialworship.com/songs/phil-wickham/living-hope?fbclid=IwAR14h7pLy6RhVFZsqXTPeJGZubwTxxg0Z035OKOAiHwoXAONaMfXklpEDAE
CCLI Copyright License:228252
CCLI Streaming License: 20420551