· In our society, apathy is normal and passion is weird but it’s weird in a contagious and attractive way. · Christians are weird because they are passionate for God.
- The Bible calls this being Spirit-filled because the Holy Spirit is the agent of passion.
· God’s Spirit is the agent of passion that he has now given to us to breathe life into these dry bones (Ezekiel 37:1-14).
· If we want to be passionate about God then we need to be filled with His Holy Spirit (Ezekiel 36:26–27).
· A Spirit-filled life with express itself in a number of ways.
- Passion for the things of God.
- Contentment with knowing God and discontentment with others not knowing.
- Victory over sin.
- Power beyond your own abilities to carry out God’s mission.
· How do we become filled with the Holy Spirit? We ask God to give Him to us (Luke 11:9–13).
- God will not give us His Spirit if we do not understand what we are asking for, or if we don’t genuinely want what He will give.